html> Life In A Jungle

Sunday, August 20, 2006

beef rendang...yum!!

you know, i think by now, my jungle evolves around food. well, at least the titles are. but i hope the points in it are not.

anyway, today was melbourne uni's open day. the day started pretty bleak. shouting at my sister to hurry up. power walking to the tram stop although halfway, my flat feet were hurting so bad that i slowed down. dreading to see the horrible look of carolyn who keeps thinking we're late but we're not. but it wasn't as bad as i expected. well, at least, she didn't give me the ugly face. *phew*

didn't see much cos i'm like out of a lot of choices for my preferences. but now, i guess ok ler. i have firmly made up my mind about medicine. just still praying for which one uni i prefer to go to do med. the rest of my preferences are health sciences and although i have made my mind up on med, i do not believe that it's good for me to just simply fill up the spaces for the rest of the VTAC application. am still arranging them in order and reconsidering cos my mum made good points tonight about them.

so after spending most of the morning walking while trying to find my way around (and i was doing this really badly cos i was not really THAT interested in the open day. been last yr...TWICE. go figure), i went to melbourne central to meet up with suet and to return her FULL HOUSE series. FINALLY. let me tell you, i've kept that thing since march. and i've already burnt it quite long time ago. haihs. then i went on the agonising shopping for my sister and mel's present. both birthday gals are equally fussy about their presents.

mel doesn't want: clothes, accessories, girly stuff, DRUMSTICKS, drum pads, etc.
my sister wants: things that she would think nice and she has already asked see ann to OBVIOUSLY hint to me -_-!!

so yea, walked around so two hours or so and still haven't found their presents. bought checkpoints as i was walking down swanston street. then went to mcDs to meet up with my sister at 4.30pm. that woman only came around 5pm >S. luckily, i met jun, lynn and claire, all as thirsty as me and we were all craving for snacks. haha. had fries. when my sister came, i decided to abandon the plan of going to crossway for worship cos it'll be too rush by the time i get back. so went to planet shakers. it was awesome. i could seriously feel the spirit of God moving. but actually, i do feel that anywhere :) (thank God for that. if i didn't feel that whenever i'm worshipping God, i'll be worried XD). and guess what?? I GOT FREE SHAKERS CD!! wahahaha. at first, i didn't want to sign up as a newcomer but then when bing said that got free CD, the greedy part of me went and do it XD. oh well, i was never perfect :D.

the best part was the fellowship with bing and leanne. i think those two are pretty close as they've been doing much goodwork together in the boarding house. sometimes, i do feel left out. they're kinda close to me but as they work together, they're closer with each other. and at times, i do admit that i'm envious of them but i've prayed about it and i know that someday i will do the miraculous work of God. till that day, i'll do the best that i can. yes, i have not forgotten that my sister was there all the time.

haha. anyway, we went to NELAYAN (an indo restaurant) to eat. ALL OF US HAD BEEF RENDANG!! it was soooo yummy!!! make me extremely full. there goes the exercise on friday and all the walking i did today. haihs. nevermind, will try harder this week *winks*. ok, now to bed after a really tiring day. my thigh is hurting now!! am so unfit :P. nites and god bless!!

Posted by grace :P at 11:43 pm

Comments: Post a Comment