html> Life In A Jungle

Monday, August 14, 2006

nasi lemak!

haha. i just realised as i type the title that my blog is very much food related. oh well, i LOVE food, XD!!

so my weekend was awesome. some people might say that i'm such a slacker. i do have to admit that i am. but like everyone else, i do deserve a bit of slack especially when i'm wrestling with God on the future of my life. seriously, how in the world do i know what to choose? man, up till now, my life has been lead by God step by step. it's like He has been holding my hand and telling me where to go. not that i mind. but like leanne, it's time for me to decide. be the big girl and choose. it's hard. especially knowing that i'm such a passionate person when it comes to things i love. oh well, will just keep on praying. pray for me if you want to. i really need it cos this issue has been making me lose focus. i'm like aimless and i don't like to be aimless. haha. God knows that.

anyway...SO, my weekend was AWESOME!! on friday, i did nothing but slack. haha. had quite a lot of fun in church cos we had a taste of what it was like to live in east timor. man, let me tell you, it was T-O-U-G-H to crawl on concrete and then carry a bucket, may i emphasise it again A BUCKET LOAD, of water while crawling. i feel so achieved. haha. it was tough man. inspiring. and that's not even half of what those kids in east timor are going through. horrible. people, please just keep donating ok. they really need it.

and then my saturday was a nice mixture of HORROR, and FUN!! how contradicting but then again, that's how life always is. so, it started of with me having to do my sister's hair. for those who don't know me, let me just say that anything beauty related, especially the hair, is not my expertise. i can't even manage my own curly hair!! talk about doing my sister's. so she told me somewhat of the thing she wanted, gave me instructions which i struggled to remember while trying to picture how her hair is suppose to look like and then she surrendered her precious hair into my care.

it was not THAT much of a disaster. now i can PROUDLY say that i have curled someone's hair with those freaking rollers. curling iron is easy...it was ze rollers that were hard. the end product was ok. i felt a bit bad cos it was not like amazing or pretty. in fact, i thought i did a really horrible job of it. was sulking a bit about it the whole night cos i honestly felt so bad about making my sister ugly. then when she came back and showed me the pictures, i was happier. it was prettier as i didn't put that much hairspray so most of the curls didn't stay. THANK GOD!! so it came out quite pretty, i must say, considering my hairdressing skills are like NONE.

and after sending my sister off, i went to ashley's to eat NASI LEMAK!! ain't i happy!! unlike most people, i don't get to go home often to eat malaysian food and the aussie version of them usually sucks. so i enjoyed TWO plates of nasi lemak. tho, i must add that my stomach paid a bit of price for it. luckily i'm smart enough to drink a bit of hot water if not i sure die. for the ignorant, i lack emulsifying agents. so too much fatty food gives me much pain. that's why i pig on carbs like chocolates, jelly beans, the like.

then we watch movie, "the notebook". it was a really sweet story tho i didn't cry. lynn, don't worry i'm not pissed. i'm just a romantic at heart. haha. the reason i didn't cry? people were spoiling my romantic atmosphere. *sobs* it'll be a long time before i can watch it cos i'll keep remembering all that mandarin throwing done by ashley to sha and yan yin who so happen to sit beside me. *glares at ash* just kidding. then played ping-pong which caused my old stiff bones to hurt. not funny ok. i'm still suffering the side effects of it today.

thus, my fun-filled weekend with bare minimum hw. i watched a lot of anime on sunday and felt so freaking scared of mrs starkey(bio teacher who's always pissy) today as i thought i haven't finished all my bio hw. luckily, the one i haven't finished was the one she wasn't checking. *phew*. ok, now to bed for my food burning tmr. such a waste of food for the sake of education. i'd rather feed my hungry stomach *winks*

Posted by grace :P at 10:25 pm

Comments: Post a Comment