html> Life In A Jungle

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

the language of anatomy

well, due to the power shortage, I only had one lecture today. It was an introduction to anatomy and the relevant terminology. The lecturer was funny and to me, that made it sort of worth while going to uni just for an hour lecture.

Diagnosis: You have an idiopathic, idiosyncratic pyrexia. (oooo...sounds serious =O)

English: idiopathic = unknown cause
idiosyncratic = only you have it
pyrexia = fever/temperature

Meaning ---> You have a temperature. I don't know what caused it and only you have it.

You just gotta love Latin/Greek :).

I've been thinking about whether I should volunteer in the embrace-education program and tutor refugees studying Yr 12. Can anyone who has joined please give me an idea how it's like? visit their website: www.embrace-education.org

Posted by grace :P at 5:42 pm

Comments: Post a Comment