html> Life In A Jungle

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I want nobody, nobody but you

I believe that in the span of two days, i.e. this weekend, I have exhausted this song to its fullest in hopes of getting it out of my head. I have youtubed it (the cover by Janice and Sonia is amazing), downloaded it and sang it over and over again. I even made it my ringtone! Now, I believe, this thing is fading.

Just a quick update on my week. It's been a blast. I love hospital placements! BOO to community placements.

Highlights:

1. Absolutely exciting Monday morning with a patient wanting to jump off a two storey construction site in front of the hospital. As I watched the hospital staff try to negotiate and defuse the situation, it was almost as if my training in second year came back and I must say, although I believe negotiation through the phone and face-to-face may be different, I was appalled at certain things which were said. But I suppose, in the end, medicolegally, my ass wasn't on the line.

2. I got to see a lot of Ben, the hot intern. This week I'll be spending a WHOLE week with him. You'd bet I'm going to be there everyday. Days off? what rubbish!

3. The CLIPS team is definitely the best! I've had free vanilla chai lattes and enjoyed being Slobodan's last student on CLIPS. Got used to him opening and holding doors for me. What a drastic change from Sarvesh, I must say! It was most certainly a pleasant one, especially when he signed almost all of my forms, which is now one thing less to worry about.

4. Studying this week has been most productive, which is probably the reason why I've not done much this weekend besides health economics and study group. I've been studying non-stop that it's crazy. Anxiety Disorders, Psychotherapies and Psychotic Disorders done! Also GP's ENT! I'm proud of me :).

Lowlights:

My car's battery died on me on Wednesday,which meant I couldn't go for lifegroup. Anyway, cutting a long story short, I had to call RACV twice because it died again at Li Ping's place. Ended up having to fork up $211 for a new battery. Oh, the pain! And I didn't go to Leena's party because of the drama. Dang!

Ok, now to bed and here's to another good week! Cheers and God bless xoxo

Posted by grace :P at 10:39 pm

Comments: Post a Comment